Using The public variables in ASP.net

Guest

We are developing a ASP.net application wherein we are bypassing the login
page if the windows user matches with the user of the application , but then
public variables or the session variables loose their values in this case
which are retained when the user goes through the login page, the code of the
click event is being directly called when the correct match is found...any
idea why the values are lost then

mona

Hello Teja,

The reason for this is that u assign the session values in the login page
If you bypass this page this assignment is also bypassed and so the
values are not retained.

HTH

Mona