Using the 'Replace' statement....

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by David, Jan 11, 2006.

  1. David

    David Guest

    Hello,

    Quick question.
    If I have a whole list of text, (Technical Specifications), I
    understand that I can replace keystrokes with line breaks etc.

    What if my listing needs to like something like:

    -------------------

    Video

    Maximum Resolotion 1600x120............
    Video Compatability Blah Blah Blah
    Etc Etc.......

    How do I deal with the spaces inbetween the Sub Header and it's detail,
    i.e

    Maximum Resolotion < SPACES> 1600x12000 <End of line>.

    and how would I deal with this line, where there are multiple lines of
    data per sub header ?

    DDC < SPACES> HHHDFHDHHDFHFDGHHHDFGH <End of line>.
    HHHDFHDHHDFHFDGHHHDFGH <End of
    line>.
    HHHDFHDHHDFHFDGHHHDFGH <End of
    line>.

    Appreciate your help

    Thanks

    David
    David, Jan 11, 2006

  2. David

    Patrice Guest

    You could replace spaces by &nbsp; and <end of line> by <br>.

    Note also that it will work only for proportional fonts. Non proportional
    wouldn't align. I would really format the data using HTML.

    If I didn't understood rephrase the problem with the exact point that raises
    a problem...

    --
    Patrice

    Patrice, Jan 11, 2006