Using the Walsh Catalog Resolver with Xerces-J inside Ant?

Discussion in 'XML' started by Steinar Bang, Aug 10, 2003.

  1. Steinar Bang

    Steinar Bang Guest

    Platform: Intel PII, debian sarge testing/unstable, Blackdown J2SDK 1.4.0.99beta-1,
    ant 1.5.3-1, libxerces2-java 2.4.0-1, libxalan-java 2.4.1-1

    Is there a way to make the Xerces-J parser, used as a SAX parser in
    Ant, use Norm Walsh's Catalog Resolver for finding DTDs, by just
    setting properties with -D command line arguments?

    Alternatively, is there a way to make Xerces-J not look for the DTD in
    a <DOCTYPE> declaration, by setting properties with -D command line
    arguments?

    I have googled for an answer, and blindly tried setting a lot of
    properties, but nothing has changed Ant's behaviour.

    My problem is that I use a DOCTYPE declaration in my build.xml file,
    to make psgml find a DTD.

    But this doctype makes Ant look for a DTD, and exit with an error,
    when it can't find one using the SYSTEM identifier in the DOCTYPE
    declaration.

    Thanx!

    -Steinar
    Steinar Bang, Aug 10, 2003