Using the Walsh Catalog Resolver with Xerces-J inside Ant?

Steinar Bang

Platform: Intel PII, debian sarge testing/unstable, Blackdown J2SDK 1.4.0.99beta-1,
ant 1.5.3-1, libxerces2-java 2.4.0-1, libxalan-java 2.4.1-1

Is there a way to make the Xerces-J parser, used as a SAX parser in
Ant, use Norm Walsh's Catalog Resolver for finding DTDs, by just
setting properties with -D command line arguments?

Alternatively, is there a way to make Xerces-J not look for the DTD in
a <DOCTYPE> declaration, by setting properties with -D command line
arguments?

I have googled for an answer, and blindly tried setting a lot of
properties, but nothing has changed Ant's behaviour.

My problem is that I use a DOCTYPE declaration in my build.xml file,
to make psgml find a DTD.

But this doctype makes Ant look for a DTD, and exit with an error,
when it can't find one using the SYSTEM identifier in the DOCTYPE
declaration.

Thanx!

-Steinar