    clock, it saves the time as eastern time instead of
    central. How can I make the software know which time zone
    the user is in?

    connieharper, Aug 20, 2004

  2. connieharper

    Ray at Guest

    It can't know unless you ask the user to specify his timezone of choice and
    then record it somewhere, like a database. I'm pretty sure that timezone
    info is not sent in request headers from the browser or anything.

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Aug 20, 2004

  3. connieharper

    Evertjan. Guest

    Ray at <%=sLocation%> [MVP] wrote on 20 aug 2004 in
    > It can't know unless you ask the user to specify his timezone of
    > choice and then record it somewhere, like a database. I'm pretty sure
    > that timezone info is not sent in request headers from the browser or
    > anything.

    As I wrote here:

    <http://groups.google.com/
    groups?selm=Xns94BBDA2B9E6F6eejj99%40194.109.133.29>,

    it is quite possible to determine the server's and the client's UTC offset
    and so it is possible to find the server/client offset and so to
    synchronize a clientside javascript clock to the exact server's time.

    However this is only usefull if the server has an exact [= atomclock
    synchronized] time.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Aug 20, 2004
  4. connieharper

    Guest Guest

    wrote in message
    >>I have an ASP app that works as an online time clock.

    The
    >> user logs in and clocks in and out and the app records

    the
    >> time punches in an access 2000 database. My problem is
    >> this. I just setup a user in the central time zone and
    >> they have reported that when they use the online time
    >> clock, it saves the time as eastern time instead of
    >> central. How can I make the software know which time

    zone

    So what is the default time zone it uses? Whatever time
    zone the server my website resides on? It doesn't get the
    time from the client's computer?

    If I put their time zone in the database that resides on
    my website, how do I use it to change the time zone to my
    client's whenever they save a record?

    Guest, Aug 20, 2004