Using Tomcat Security Manger

Laura Heinzmann

Hi:

I have Tomcat 5.0.28 installed on a Unix box.

I would like to acces the security manager at
http://localhost/manager/serverinfo

It asks me for a 'Login' and 'password' - during the installation there
wasn't any prompt to set up an account.

How would I go about setting this up and access the 'manger'?

richard.anderson970

Laura said:
Hi:

I have Tomcat 5.0.28 installed on a Unix box.

I would like to acces the security manager at
http://localhost/manager/serverinfo

It asks me for a 'Login' and 'password' - during the installation there
wasn't any prompt to set up an account.

How would I go about setting this up and access the 'manger'?

All users and groups are stored in tomcat-users.xml found in
$TOMCAT_HOME/conf. You can setup the admin user there.

-Rich