USING TOMCAT

aryan11aim

I WANT TO DEVELOP MY PROJECT USING TOMCAT BUT MY PROBLEM IS TOMCAT IS
NOT WORKING SO PLZ TELL ME THE JAVA_HOME CORRECTLY STEP BY STEP SINCE
I'VE TRIED ALL THE POSSIBILITIES

Andrew Thompson

I WANT TO DEVELOP MY PROJECT USING TOMCAT BUT MY PROBLEM IS

Caps lock? Shouting? Being totally self-possessed?

Actually (concedes) I no longer care what your problem
is. Please learn to usenet before wasting more of our
bandwidth.
I'VE TRIED ALL THE POSSIBILITIES

What a load of rubbish. Tomcat has so many config.
possibilities that it would take from 'here to
armageddon' to try them all. Obviously you are either
lying or a moron.

Please hire someone who knows their arse from their
elbow, and stop bothering us.

Leo King

Caps lock?  Shouting?  Being totally self-possessed?

Actually (concedes) I no longer care what your problem
is.  Please learn to usenet before wasting more of our
bandwidth.

What a load of rubbish.  Tomcat has so many config.
possibilities that it would take from 'here to
armageddon' to try them all.  Obviously you are either
lying or a moron.

Please hire someone who knows their arse from their
elbow, and stop bothering us.

You can try the windows-installer edition tomcat 6.
It does not need configing anything.

Roger Lindsjö

I WANT TO DEVELOP MY PROJECT USING TOMCAT BUT MY PROBLEM IS TOMCAT IS
NOT WORKING SO PLZ TELL ME THE JAVA_HOME CORRECTLY STEP BY STEP SINCE
I'VE TRIED ALL THE POSSIBILITIES

I doubt you tried all possibilities.

1. Download and unpack zip or tar.gz package of tomcat.
2. Unpack downloaded file somewhere.
3. Set your JAVA_HOME to one of your installed JVMs, say export
JAVA_HOME=/opt/java/jdk1.6.0_05
4. Start tomcat by executing the startup.sh i the bin folder where you
installed tomcat.
5. Access http://localhost:8080