    NOT WORKING SO PLZ TELL ME THE JAVA_HOME CORRECTLY STEP BY STEP SINCE
    I'VE TRIED ALL THE POSSIBILITIES
    , Mar 11, 2008

  2. On Mar 11, 11:14 pm, "" <>
    wrote:
    > I WANT TO DEVELOP MY PROJECT USING TOMCAT BUT MY PROBLEM IS

    Caps lock? Shouting? Being totally self-possessed?

    Actually (concedes) I no longer care what your problem
    is. Please learn to usenet before wasting more of our
    bandwidth.

    > I'VE TRIED ALL THE POSSIBILITIES

    What a load of rubbish. Tomcat has so many config.
    possibilities that it would take from 'here to
    armageddon' to try them all. Obviously you are either
    lying or a moron.

    Please hire someone who knows their arse from their
    elbow, and stop bothering us.

    --
    Andrew T.
    Andrew Thompson, Mar 11, 2008

  3. Leo King Guest

    On Mar 11, 8:36 pm, Andrew Thompson <> wrote:
    > On Mar 11, 11:14 pm, "" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > > I WANT TO DEVELOP MY PROJECT USING TOMCAT BUT MY PROBLEM IS

    > Caps lock?  Shouting?  Being totally self-possessed?
    >
    > Actually (concedes) I no longer care what your problem
    > is.  Please learn to usenet before wasting more of our
    > bandwidth.
    >
    > > I'VE TRIED ALL THE POSSIBILITIES

    > What a load of rubbish.  Tomcat has so many config.
    > possibilities that it would take from 'here to
    > armageddon' to try them all.  Obviously you are either
    > lying or a moron.
    >
    > Please hire someone who knows their arse from their
    > elbow, and stop bothering us.
    >
    > --
    > Andrew T.

    You can try the windows-installer edition tomcat 6.
    It does not need configing anything.
    Leo King, Mar 11, 2008
  4. wrote:
    > I WANT TO DEVELOP MY PROJECT USING TOMCAT BUT MY PROBLEM IS TOMCAT IS
    > NOT WORKING SO PLZ TELL ME THE JAVA_HOME CORRECTLY STEP BY STEP SINCE
    > I'VE TRIED ALL THE POSSIBILITIES

    I doubt you tried all possibilities.

    1. Download and unpack zip or tar.gz package of tomcat.
    2. Unpack downloaded file somewhere.
    3. Set your JAVA_HOME to one of your installed JVMs, say export
    JAVA_HOME=/opt/java/jdk1.6.0_05
    4. Start tomcat by executing the startup.sh i the bin folder where you
    installed tomcat.
    5. Access http://localhost:8080

    --
    Roger Lindsjö