Using Transparent Colors in Dynamic pictures. (GDI+)

Chris Tremblay

I am trying to create an image using GDI+ in VB.NET. I want to have the
background be transparent, but when I do run the following:

myGraphicsObject.clear(color.transparent)

the resulting background color is black, not transparent. I am saving the
image to the output stream as an "image/gif". Is there anything I should
know about this, any reason that the result would be black?

Jos

Chris said:
I am trying to create an image using GDI+ in VB.NET. I want to have
the background be transparent, but when I do run the following:

myGraphicsObject.clear(color.transparent)

the resulting background color is black, not transparent. I am saving
the image to the output stream as an "image/gif". Is there anything I
should know about this, any reason that the result would be black?

Transparent GIFs are not (yet) supported in GDI+.
Neither are animated GIFs, for that matter.