Using two datatables to create a new one

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Maziar Aflatoun, Feb 5, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    I have two datatables,

    DataTable1
    dtCurProducts.Columns.Add(new DataColumn("Id",
    Type.GetType("System.String")));
    dtCurProducts.Columns.Add(new DataColumn("ProductId",
    Type.GetType("System.String")));
    dtCurProducts.Columns.Add(new DataColumn("Quantity",
    Type.GetType("System.String")));
    dtCurProducts.Columns.Add(new DataColumn("FinalPrice",
    Type.GetType("System.String")));

    DataTable2
    dtProducts.Columns.Add(new DataColumn("Id", Type.GetType("System.String")));
    dtProducts.Columns.Add(new DataColumn("Name",
    Type.GetType("System.String")));
    dtProducts.Columns.Add(new DataColumn("ProductCode",
    Type.GetType("System.String")));
    dtProducts.Columns.Add(new DataColumn("DefaultPrice",
    Type.GetType("System.String")));

    DataTable2 contains a list of all of my products. DataTable1 contains the
    Quantity and the FinalPrice. Now I like to create another DataTable or
    expand DataTable1 as I'm creating it to include 3 additional fields taken
    from DataTable2 so that my end result would be a DataTable containing
    ProductId, Quantity, Name, ProductCode, DefaultPrice and FinalPrice
    (Relationship between the 2 tables defined by
    DataTable1.ProductId=DataTable2.Id

    Can someone please tell me how I can accomplish this? Maybe as I'm creating
    the contents of DataTable1 (Given I have DataTable2)

    Thank you
    Maziar A.

    Maziar Aflatoun, Feb 5, 2005