Using update panel with master & nested master pages

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by katmagic, Dec 26, 2008.

  1. katmagic

    katmagic Guest

    How do I use the UpdatePanel with 2 content sections on the content page,
    each section should update the other section. I keep getting the "Control
    not found for asynchronous postback trigger" error. In the below example, I
    want the gridview in each control section to update the other gridview.

    <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" EnableEventValidation="false"
    MasterPageFile="~/MasterNested.master" CodeBehind="stuff.aspx.vb"
    Inherits="Main.Stuff"
    title="Stuff" %>
    <%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit"
    TagPrefix="cc1" %>
    <asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="MasterNestedHead"
    runat="server">
    </asp:Content>

    <asp:Content ID="Content2" ContentPlaceHolderID="MasterNestedHeadings"
    runat="server">

    <asp:Label id="StatusMessage" runat="server"></asp:Label><br />
    </asp:Content>

    <asp:Content ID="Content3" ContentPlaceHolderID="MasterNested"
    runat="server">
    <asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server">
    <ContentTemplate>
    Gridview here for content3
    </ContentTemplate>
    <Triggers>
    <asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID=Gridview4 />
    </Triggers>
    </asp:UpdatePanel>

    </asp:Content>

    <asp:Content ID="Content4" ContentPlaceHolderID="MasterNestedOrderDetails"
    runat="server">

    Gridview here for content 4

    </asp:Content>
    katmagic, Dec 26, 2008