using urllib, urllib2 ,mechanize to access password protected site

comeshopcheap

Hi

I am using this script to access doba.com (I need to download some
files) but I keep on being sent back to the login page not the user
home page. Any help. I think I may need to use a post method and
opener is using a get method

Thanks

import mechanize
cookies = mechanize.CookieJar()
# build_opener() adds standard handlers (such as HTTPHandler and
# HTTPCookieProcessor) by default. The cookie processor we supply
# will replace the default one.
opener =
mechanize.build_opener(mechanize.HTTPCookieProcessor(cookies))
opener.addheaders = [("User-agent", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows
NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4"), ]
data="username=user&password=pw"
#r = opener.open("http://comeshopcheap.com/") # GET
r = opener.open("https://www.doba.com/members/login.php", data) # POST

John J. Lee

comeshopcheap said:
[...]

You shouldn't need to worry re POST and GET.

Visiting the login page is presumably not enough in itself to log you
in. So, what are you doing to ensure you're logged in?

Probably you want to fill in and submit the login form on the login
page. Alternatively, use e.g. mechanize.MozillaCookieJar and load
cookies from your web browser (this option requires that you are
already logged in persistently, though, so I'd suggest filling in the
login form as the safe option).

John