Using user controls in datagrids

Guest

I was wondering if anybody in this forum has tried the following:

<edititemtemplate>
<uc1:department_dropdown id="Department_dropdown2"
runat="server"></uc1:department_dropdown>
</edititemtemplate>

This produces a dropdown and then when a user goes to update I have the
following code.

str_emp_dept =
Convert.ToString(((DropDownList)e.Item.FindControl(Department_dropdown2.Selected_dept_value())));

Howerver, I keep getting the following

Server Error in '/WOW' Application.

to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 18: public string Selected_dept_value()
Line 19: {
Line 20: string dept_value = dept_dropdown.SelectedValue;
Line 21: return dept_value;
Line 22: }

I know my user control works because I use it when inserting new names. Any
help would be most helpful.
Moojjoo Õ¿Õ

http://www.mmwebs.com

http://www.autoinventoryonline.com/

Guest

More infor:

When debugging, I am watching the locals and it indicates
Department_dropdown2 value = <undefined>

I am a bit confused because when the page builds it does displays the
correct values in the dropdown but will not get the values?

I am scrathing my head on this one.