Using useuri with security: Keep returning to login page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Peter Vogel, Oct 24, 2005.

  1. Peter Vogel

    Peter Vogel Guest

    I've tried turning off cookies in FireFox and turning on cookieless
    sessions in the forms element inside the authentication element (I set
    the cookieless attribute to UseUri). I'm generating the security token
    in the URL F(guid).

    I can log on successfully and get to the second page in my application
    (the page after the login page). However, when I attempt to request
    another page (by, for instance, clicking on one of the links in the
    Menu control), I find myself right back at the login page with the
    query string set to the page that I requested. Sure enough if I log on
    again, I find myself at the requested page.

    I suspect that this is related to a problem that I'm having with
    cookieless sessions. When I set the cookieless attribute in the
    sessionState attribute to UseUri, the SessionId in the address bad
    seems to keep changing. As a result, I can't reconnect to the data that
    I've put in my Session object. In other words, I'll login and, in the
    address bar, I'll see S(someguid). After clicking a link to go to
    another page I'll see S(someotherguid).

    Any thoughts?
    Or
    Help!