    Is the creation of virtual directory pointed to network share a good idea or
    not ?

    thx
    Lamberti Fabrizio, Mar 7, 2005

  2. You can do this, but to do so, instead of using the local IUSR account for
    your site, you'll have to use a domain account that has rights to access the
    remote share.

    Or you can look into replication at the OS level.

    Ray at work

    "Lamberti Fabrizio" <lambu@from_italy.it> wrote in message
    > I've created a medium large library of ASP routine and I've published on a
    > web server part of a NT domain.
    >
    > Now I need to publish this ASP modules on other web servers part of the

    same
    > NT domain.
    >
    > For not having the problem of synchronization and versioning of ASP

    modules

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Mar 7, 2005

  3. I know I know.

    I'm already using a domain user to setting up this virtual directory.

    Thanks for your opinion.

    Do you know if officially Microsoft advises or advises against this
    procedure ?

    message news:...

    Lamberti Fabrizio, Mar 7, 2005
  4. Lamberti Fabrizio

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 15:05:50 +0100, "Lamberti Fabrizio"
    <lambu@from_italy.it> wrote:

    >I've created a medium large library of ASP routine and I've published on a
    >web server part of a NT domain.
    >
    >Now I need to publish this ASP modules on other web servers part of the same
    >NT domain.
    >
    >For not having the problem of synchronization and versioning of ASP modules
    >on different webservers I've decided to create Virtual Directory pointed to
    >directories of the first webserver.
    >
    >What about my solution ?

    What about it? Did it work? I assume you have the access across
    domains issues covered, and are prepared for all sites going down if a
    network break on the main server disconnects it, correct?

    >Is there any other similar solution ?

    You could copy them to the other servers.

    >Is the creation of virtual directory pointed to network share a good idea or
    >not ?

    Centralized control, single point of failure, network access
    permission issues. You decide which is more important or relevant to
    your setup.

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Mar 7, 2005