Using Visual Studio 2003 with XP Home (service pack 2) ?

Ted Duross

Hi,

I would like to install VS 2003 on a computer with XP Home. Original
documentation says I should expect limited functionality ( no ASP.NET Web
applications or ASP.NET XML Web service ). Is this still true if Service
Pack 2 is installed?

Thanks,
Ted

PS: Please remove 'NoSpam' from email address if respoding directly.

Aaron

You could try installing the .NET Framework/SDK and using the Cassini
Web Server to serve it up (which is the way Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2
is working). Other things to try are WebMatrix (1.1) / Visual Web
Developer 2005 Express (2.0) or there is a hack somewhere I think to
get IIS running on XP Home but it wouldn't be top of my list (Install
Pro)

Aaron

bhawin13

Hello Ted Duross
I think you should first install IIS on windows xp and then you should
install .net framework.

If IIS is not available with xp home edition then no chance to run web
applicaton or web service bcz it requires IIS. Please check is IIS
available with xp home edition or not. If IIS is not available with xp
home edition then still you can install IIS as extra software. Find
extra package of IIS from microsoft that suits to xp home edition.

Regards,
bhawin13

Juan T. Llibre

re:
I think you should first install IIS on windows xp

That's not supported.

re:
If IIS is not available with xp home edition

It isn't

re:
Please check is IIS available with xp home edition or not.

It isn't.

re:
If IIS is not available with xp home edition

It isn't.

re:
then still you can install IIS as extra software.

That's not supported.

re:
Find extra package of IIS from microsoft that suits to xp home edition.

There isn't one.

Bhawin13, I know you are only trying to help but,
please, only post about things you sure about.

Raising someone's expectations without good reason is not a good idea.

Ted Duross

Hi,

Thanks to all for the advice. Sounds like the bottom line is (Install
Pro).

Ted