Using Web Service to listen on certain TCP port?

Jonah Olsson

Hi guys,

I need to listen for incoming requests from a Java web service application
(or actually JAXB) on a certain port on the server. The .NET application
receiving the request is running on the same server.

The Java application is used to communicate with another server outside the
firewall, and is part of a component from a partner company. We need to
connect this component to our system built in .NET. The XML messages are
sent to the port 8901 where we would need to catch it, handle it and then
return it to the same port.

I tried to set up a new site in the IIS to put the .NET web service in,
using 8901 as the main port , but IIS says the port is busy (due to the Java
service).

The Java service says, "Starting SSL server on port 8900 and tcp (xml)
server on 8901" when running it.

How should we do this? Using WSE2?

Thanks for any kind of help!

Regards
Jonah

Jonah Olsson

Our partner had missed out some importat stuff in the documentation which
now solved my problems :)

/Jonah