    cacls tasks /e /g <data_domain_name>\MarketingWebSvc:f,

    Also, looking on some MSDN pages, it appears that the Web Services are by
    default created with least privileges, so as to avoid exploitation.

    PhilV, Sep 26, 2007

  2. "PhilV" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello. I am attempting to use a Web Service to create scheduled tasks.
    > This
    > works locally, on a workstation running XP, but when I move the web
    > service,
    > or a standalone application to a W2003 server, and attempt to create
    > Scheduled Tasks, nothing happens.

    "nothing happens" usually means that _something_ happens, but you ignored
    it. Make sure that you don't have try-catch statements that eat exceptions
    and don't report them.
    John Saunders | MVP – Windows Server System – Connected System Developer

    John Saunders [MVP], Sep 26, 2007

  3. PhilV

    Neel Guest

    Saunders,

    Help me out.

    I am trying to create scheduled tasks

    How can i do this, can use WCF or WF

    or can i use Webservice or windows service, i am using VS2005

    Neel

    Neel, Nov 5, 2007