Using WebParts generates SQL-error ???

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Chris Peeters, Aug 17, 2007.

  1. Hi,

    I try to use WebParts but when browsing to my page I get following error
    :

    "An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.
    When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the
    fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote
    connections"

    Actually I get the error as soon as I drag a WebPartManager on the page.
    Right now my page doesn't contain anything else.
    Following is the ONLY code in my project (no .cs files, no web.config) :

    <%@ Page Language="C#" %>
    <head runat="server">
    <title>Untitled Page</title>
    </head>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <asp:WebPartManager ID="WebPartManager1" runat="server">
    </asp:WebPartManager>
    </form>

    As you can see I am not using any DB at all !
    I browse to it and bang !!!

    how come ?

    thank you
    Chris

    Chris Peeters, Aug 17, 2007

  2. I get that error in VS2005, absolutely annoying. I don't remember the exact
    remedy, but I think I dragged another web part that wasn't hooked to sql,
    and loaded the page, closed the browser and VS2005. Re-opened, removed the
    web part and added the right one. It worked for me, not sure if it will work
    for you.

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney