Using WebRequest.GetResponse when authentication required

Simon Devlin

Hi All,

I've got some pages and I need to add a "offline" mode, where the pages are
turned into a static html page for zipping and emailing back to the user
(who then distributes this summary archive to people who cannot have access
to the live system). This part seems to work OK in principal using
WebRequest.GetResponse() and File.CreateText()

However, my site uses Forms authentication and I'm finding that all my
temporary pages contain only a static version of the login page. Is there a
way for the new connection to inherit the current user credentials?

Thanks