Using webservice.htc, Read it has a memory leak,suggest Another approach

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by batista, Mar 8, 2006.

  1. batista

    batista Guest

    Hello all,

    I have a grid that im updating using webservice.htc after every 5 sec.
    But i read after i used it that webservice.htc has severe memory
    leak.(my badluck :) )

    So, now someone suggested me to write my own webservice
    behaviuor,...ahh

    Plus, this website is ssl enabled and my webservice is not..and im not
    being able to call a nonsecure webservice method from a https webpage
    using webservice.htc...

    So, i have some questions..

    1) How bad is the webservice.htc? and if i replace it than what other
    choice do i have..
    shud i write my own webservice layer considering all the https thing..
    OR, will it work just by using xmlhttprequest or is it AJAX..

    2) What is the difference between xmlhttprequest and AJAX...?

    3) And if u think that i shud just stick with webservice.htc than plz
    help me on the https thing..how do i call a nonsecure webservice method
    from https webpage...(is it possible)

    Plz help me out and give any suggestions..

    Thanks..
    Cheers..

    Bye
    batista, Mar 8, 2006