using window.location with frames

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by cillic, Aug 16, 2005.

  1. cillic

    cillic Guest

    I have a page which consists of index.html, navigation.html and
    home.html.

    Index.html has the following frameset info...

    <FRAMESET COLS="250,*" FRAMEBORDER="NO" FRAMESPACING="0"
    SCROLLING="NO">
    <FRAME SRC="navigation.html" NAME="NAVIGATE" SCROLLING="AUTO">
    <FRAME SRC="home.html" NAME="DETAIL" SCROLLING="AUTO">
    </FRAMESET>

    On navigation.html, I have a form consiting of a text box and a button
    which is used to run a function (mySearch) which pulls the resulting
    webpage into the frame with:

    window.location = url;

    The search works splendid, except that window.location = url; populates
    my the 'Navigation' frame (where the form/code is). I want it to
    populate the 'DETAIL' frame. How can i modify my function to hit the
    other frame, or is there additional programming necessary for this?

    Thanks in advanced!
    cillic, Aug 16, 2005

  2. cillic

    ASM Guest

    cillic wrote:
    > I have a page which consists of index.html, navigation.html and
    > home.html.
    >
    > Index.html has the following frameset info...
    >
    > <FRAMESET COLS="250,*" FRAMEBORDER="NO" FRAMESPACING="0"
    > SCROLLING="NO">
    > <FRAME SRC="navigation.html" NAME="NAVIGATE" SCROLLING="AUTO">
    > <FRAME SRC="home.html" NAME="DETAIL" SCROLLING="AUTO">
    > </FRAMESET>

    parent.DETAIL.location.href = url;

    or

    <form target="DETAIL" action="http://www.google.com/custom" method="get">