Using Windows Auth in Sharepoint and ASPx pages question

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by rote, Apr 23, 2007.

  1. rote

    rote Guest

    I have different Sharepoint site and subsites(WSSv3)
    I'm using Windows Auth (with AD)
    I wrote an application that uses the IsinRole method to redirect users to
    there different sharepoint pages when they login.
    But i'm having an issue with logging in twice:)
    The first page they have to launch contains a basic aspx or html page with a
    button and when the click the button i direct them to the application with
    the
    IsinRole method and then they get prompted with a LOGON windows Auth popup
    and then they LOGIN but after login in before the page redirects to the
    sharepoint page they get prompted with another LOGON windows Auth popup.
    Which means they LOGIN in twice :(
    My app with the IsInRole method is configured in IIS for WINDOWS AUTH and in
    the web.config i have impersonate=true
    How can i have them login once in such scenario since my sharepoint is setup
    to ue WINDOWS AUTH too?
    Any ideas

    rote, Apr 23, 2007

  2. On Apr 23, 8:20 am, "rote" <> wrote:
    > I have different Sharepoint site and subsites(WSSv3)
    > I'm using Windows Auth (with AD)
    > I wrote an application that uses the IsinRole method to redirect users to
    > there different sharepoint pages when they login.
    > But i'm having an issue with logging in twice:)
    > The first page they have to launch contains a basic aspx or html page with a
    > button and when the click the button i direct them to the application with
    > the
    > IsinRole method and then they get prompted with a LOGON windows Auth popup
    > and then they LOGIN but after login in before the page redirects to the
    > sharepoint page they get prompted with another LOGON windows Auth popup.
    > Which means they LOGIN in twice :(
    > My app with the IsInRole method is configured in IIS for WINDOWS AUTH and in
    > the web.config i have impersonate=true
    > How can i have them login once in such scenario since my sharepoint is setup
    > to ue WINDOWS AUTH too?
    > Any ideas

    What security level is used for intranet in IE and did you tried to
    add your sites to the trusted sites list?

    Alexey Smirnov, May 3, 2007

  3. rote

    dink337 Guest

    Do you have "Windows Integrated Authentication" enabled in their browsers?
    Is the site they're trying to access an "Intranet" site?
    Do you have a proxy configured, and if so, is the browser set to bypass it
    for local addresses (assuming site is intranet site)?

    The "double-login" issue is a very common problem when using windows
    authentication. Checking the above will get you one step closer to solving
    (if not solving completely) this.

    Dez

    dink337, May 4, 2007
  4. rote

    rote Guest

    Thanks guys. Windows Integrated Authentication is enabled
    And yes its an intranet site.
    What i had to do to fix it was to create my authorization app inside the
    sharepoint site in IIS the (same context).
    And now they only need to login once :)
    But if the app is on another site(virtual directory) with a different port
    it prompts me twice.
    Don't know why since its on the SAME server.
    Patrick

    rote, May 7, 2007