using windows defaults for executing/examining files

Micah

Is there an os module call to request that Windows handle a specific file
using the default handler? For example, if I pass it a .txt file it opens
notepad but if I pass a .wav file it opens Windows Media Player.

Any ideas?

--
=================================
Micah Z. Wedemeyer

Diez B. Roggisch

Micah said:
Is there an os module call to request that Windows handle a specific file
using the default handler? For example, if I pass it a .txt file it opens
notepad but if I pass a .wav file it opens Windows Media Player.

os.startfile()

Micah

Using wxPython, is there any way to get the icon associated with a file? I
want to be able to display the icon, then when it's double clicked, it
executes the file (using os.startfile )

Micah

Richie Hindle

[Micah]
Using wxPython, is there any way to get the icon associated with a file? I
want to be able to display the icon, then when it's double clicked, it
executes the file (using os.startfile )

Yes, wxMimeTypesManager. In the wxPython demo:

wxPython Overview / More Windows/Controls / MimeTypesManager.