Using Windows Integrated Authentication to access Active Directory

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by K SK, Dec 6, 2004.

  1. K SK

    K SK Guest

    Hi,
    I have disabled "Anonymous Access" & enabled "Integrated Windows
    Authentication" on the web server for my ASP.NET application. My
    Web.config file has the following entries:

    <authentication mode="Windows" />
    <identity impersonate="true"/>

    Now when I run the application from within Visual Studio.NET, the
    application successfully runs after determining the windows user in the
    code using "User.Identity.Name" & I am able to access the active
    DirectoryEntry for that User.

    However, when I navigate to this new aspx page from an existing ASP
    page, I am prompted to login to the domain again.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated!!! Is urgent for me to solve this
    problem.

    Thanks

    K SK, Dec 6, 2004

  2. Have you turned on Digest Authentication in the IIS properties?

    --
    Daniel Fisher(lennybacon)
    MCP ASP.NET C#

    Daniel Fisher\(lennybacon\), Dec 10, 2004