Using Windows Media Player 10 on an ASPX page

Guest

Hi all, I found this succint and straightforward example at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...mp_sdk/simpleexampleofscriptinginawebpage.asp :

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<OBJECT ID="Player" height="0" width="0"
CLASSID="CLSID:6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6">
</OBJECT>
<INPUT TYPE="BUTTON" NAME="BtnPlay" VALUE="Play" OnClick="StartMeUp()">
<INPUT TYPE="BUTTON" NAME="BtnStop" VALUE="Stop" OnClick="ShutMeDown()">
<SCRIPT>
<!--

function StartMeUp ()
{
Player.URL = "laure.wma";
}

function ShutMeDown ()
{
Player.controls.stop();
}

-->
</SCRIPT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Only problem is, it does not work. :) When I click the play button,
nothing happens. I've tried the obvious things, verified the url to file,
etc...

Can anyone verify that this is indeed the class id for WMP 10?

Or does anyone else have a simple example of playing a WMA file from a web
page without popping up the Media Player?

Thanks in advance,

Jon Schwartz
Morrison Schwartz
www.ms-inc.net