Using WScript.Shell and the Run command, what needs to be configured?

Martin Danielson

Hello.

I've been testing the WScript.Shell object and the Run command now for a server query. The file I am running generates a file with the server querys which i later on parse in my page. But there is a problem. When running the Run command om my Windows XP machine it all seems fine. But when trying to run it on my webserver (not configured by myself) I get an error, or the command fails. It's nothing wrong with the acctuall command but ASP seems to not want to allow the Run command.

First I though it had to do with user privilegies but after giving the IUSR_X full access it didn't help. So, does anybody know a solution for this? Exactly what do I have to configure, for what user, to make this work on my webserver (win2k).

Cheers,
Martin

TomB

It almost definitely will be user permission. What is your command trying
to accomplish? Does the IUSR_X account have permission to do whatever it
is?
I believe, and could be wrong, that depending on the configuration you may
have to permit IWAM_X as well.

Try http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2059

Martin Danielson said:
Hello.

I've been testing the WScript.Shell object and the Run command now for a
server query. The file I am running generates a file with the server querys
which i later on parse in my page. But there is a problem. When running the
Run command om my Windows XP machine it all seems fine. But when trying to
run it on my webserver (not configured by myself) I get an error, or the
command fails. It's nothing wrong with the acctuall command but ASP seems to
not want to allow the Run command.
First I though it had to do with user privilegies but after giving the
IUSR_X full access it didn't help. So, does anybody know a solution for
this? Exactly what do I have to configure, for what user, to make this work
on my webserver (win2k).

Martin Danielson

Thanks alot. I had to enable the IWAM user in order for the program to write out a file.