    First I though it had to do with user privilegies but after giving the IUSR_X full access it didn't help. So, does anybody know a solution for this? Exactly what do I have to configure, for what user, to make this work on my webserver (win2k).

    Cheers,
    Martin
    Martin Danielson, Jan 30, 2004

  2. Martin Danielson

    TomB Guest

    It almost definitely will be user permission. What is your command trying
    to accomplish? Does the IUSR_X account have permission to do whatever it
    is?
    I believe, and could be wrong, that depending on the configuration you may
    have to permit IWAM_X as well.

    Try http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2059

    "Martin Danielson" <> wrote in message
    > Hello.
    >
    > I've been testing the WScript.Shell object and the Run command now for a

    server query. The file I am running generates a file with the server querys
    which i later on parse in my page. But there is a problem. When running the
    Run command om my Windows XP machine it all seems fine. But when trying to
    run it on my webserver (not configured by myself) I get an error, or the
    command fails. It's nothing wrong with the acctuall command but ASP seems to
    not want to allow the Run command.

    TomB, Jan 30, 2004

  3. Thanks alot. I had to enable the IWAM user in order for the program to write out a file.
    Martin Danielson, Feb 2, 2004