using XML libs to create XML? where's the benefit?

tom

Was looking at DOM and SAX to manipulate XML and it seems to me that these
libraries are most useful for processing already existing XML. I have a
database from which I pull records and then output them from my servlet as
XML. What I'm doing is creating the XML doc manually by iterating through my
record set and putting strings together .... So far I haven't had the need
to take XML input, only output, so, and correct me if I'm wrong, but it
seems to me that there is no real benifit to using the XML libs to create
XML?

-Tom