using XML tags for behavior

Discussion in 'Java' started by Lucia, Aug 12, 2003.

  1. Lucia

    Lucia Guest

    Hello,

    I'd like to use XML for behavior. For example an xml-file, which noted
    a "IF-THEN" statement.

    <function name="test">
    <if condition="i=0">
    <function name="funexample" parameter="0">
    <else>
    <assin variable="i" value="i+1">
    </if>
    </function>

    Is there any application to run these code direct in a Java class?

    Till now I've found a scripting language "Simkin" using an second
    approach. That means, xml can incorporate behavior, if the xml file
    written in that form:
    <function name="test2">
    if (i=0){
    funexample(0);
    }else {
    i=i+1;
    };
    </function>

    I'd like to know if any new scripting language can be used for the
    first xml file?

    Best regards

    Lucia
    Lucia, Aug 12, 2003

  2. (Lucia) writes:
    > Thank you very much for your answer. Would you pls tell me more about
    > the state transition table?(or links) This is a totally new area for
    > me.

    Google is your friend. E.g. the following links looks interesting (I
    didn't check them). All should be about finite state machines. There
    are others, but FSMs should be a good start, esp. because you can
    ignore the math and still understand them :)

    http://users.ece.gatech.edu/limsk/course/ece2030/pdfs/lec8.pdf
    http://class.ee.wustl.edu/ee460/sp02/Downloads/Lesson12.pdf
    http://www.desaware.com/Articles/StateMachineIntroL3.htm
    http://www.isip.msstate.edu/publications/courses/ece_7000_speech/lectures/1999/lecture_12/
    http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/fsm/tech.html
    http://www.microconsultants.com/tips/fsm/fsmarticl.pdf

    > best regards from Aachen

    If you study at the RWTH, have a look at the library. It is for sure
    brim-full of literature about all kinds of state machines. It is a
    fundamental concept in computer science, and there should be thousands
    of textbooks, articles and research papers about them.

    /Thomas
    Thomas Weidenfeller, Aug 13, 2003