using XML tags for behavior

Lucia

Hello,

I'd like to use XML for behavior. For example an xml-file, which noted
a "IF-THEN" statement.

<function name="test">
<if condition="i=0">
<function name="funexample" parameter="0">
<else>
<assin variable="i" value="i+1">
</if>
</function>

Is there any application to run these code direct in a Java class?

Till now I've found a scripting language "Simkin" using an second
approach. That means, xml can incorporate behavior, if the xml file
written in that form:
<function name="test2">
if (i=0){
funexample(0);
}else {
i=i+1;
};
</function>

I'd like to know if any new scripting language can be used for the
first xml file?

Best regards

Lucia

Thomas Weidenfeller

Thank you very much for your answer. Would you pls tell me more about
the state transition table?(or links) This is a totally new area for
me.

Google is your friend. E.g. the following links looks interesting (I
didn't check them). All should be about finite state machines. There
are others, but FSMs should be a good start, esp. because you can
ignore the math and still understand them :)

http://users.ece.gatech.edu/limsk/course/ece2030/pdfs/lec8.pdf
http://class.ee.wustl.edu/ee460/sp02/Downloads/Lesson12.pdf
http://www.desaware.com/Articles/StateMachineIntroL3.htm
http://www.isip.msstate.edu/publications/courses/ece_7000_speech/lectures/1999/lecture_12/
http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/fsm/tech.html
http://www.microconsultants.com/tips/fsm/fsmarticl.pdf
best regards from Aachen

If you study at the RWTH, have a look at the library. It is for sure
brim-full of literature about all kinds of state machines. It is a
fundamental concept in computer science, and there should be thousands
of textbooks, articles and research papers about them.

/Thomas