using xmlwriter to create attributes for an excel tag

Guest

Hi I am trying to create the attributes shown below using the xmlwriter, just
wondering if anyone has any ideas how to accomplish this? I am creating a
xml file in a dot.net web application that will be opened with Excel on
client machines.

<Workbook xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:spreadsheet"
xmlns:eek:="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice"
xmlns:x="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:excel"
xmlns:ss="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:spreadsheet"
xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">
thanks.

Olaf Rabbachin

Hi,
Hi I am trying to create the attributes shown below using the xmlwriter, just
wondering if anyone has any ideas how to accomplish this? I am creating a
xml file in a dot.net web application that will be opened with Excel on
client machines.

<Workbook xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:spreadsheet"
xmlns:eek:="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice"
xmlns:x="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:excel"
xmlns:ss="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:spreadsheet"
xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">

haven't yet played around with Excel-files being created using XML, but,
just as an alternative, you can create XLS-files from plain HTML as well.
That is, simply stream an HTML-table down to your client. Excel will take
over the formatting as well. This way, along with a sqlDataReader, I'm
building Excel-Sheets from DB-queries.
I'll have to try the XML-way though, too ... :)

Cheers,
Olaf