    --
    Paul G
    Software engineer.
    =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=, Nov 7, 2006

  2. Hi,

    Paul wrote:

    > Hi I am trying to create the attributes shown below using the xmlwriter, just
    > wondering if anyone has any ideas how to accomplish this? I am creating a
    > xml file in a dot.net web application that will be opened with Excel on
    > client machines.
    >
    > <Workbook xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:spreadsheet"
    > xmlns:eek:="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice"
    > xmlns:x="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:excel"
    > xmlns:ss="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:spreadsheet"
    > xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">

    haven't yet played around with Excel-files being created using XML, but,
    just as an alternative, you can create XLS-files from plain HTML as well.
    That is, simply stream an HTML-table down to your client. Excel will take
    over the formatting as well. This way, along with a sqlDataReader, I'm
    building Excel-Sheets from DB-queries.
    I'll have to try the XML-way though, too ... :)

    Cheers,
    Olaf
    --
    My .02: www.Resources.IntuiDev.com