/usr/local/lib/python25.zip

ebzzry

I'm trying to run an application and I got this:

% meld
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/meld", line 73, in <module>
pygtk.require("2.0")
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pygtk.py", line 47, in
require
versions = _get_available_versions()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pygtk.py", line 34, in
_get_available_versions
for filename in os.listdir(dir):
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/usr/local/lib/
python25.zip'

What went wrong? How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. By the way, how can I make my name appear instead of "ebzzry" at
the top?

kyosohma

I'm trying to run an application and I got this:

% meld
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/meld", line 73, in <module>
pygtk.require("2.0")
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pygtk.py", line 47, in
require
versions = _get_available_versions()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pygtk.py", line 34, in
_get_available_versions
for filename in os.listdir(dir):
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/usr/local/lib/
python25.zip'

What went wrong? How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. By the way, how can I make my name appear instead of "ebzzry" at
the top?

It sounds like you it's looking for Python in the wrong place or you
need to upgrade your pygtk package.

Alas...I don't know how to make my name appear either. I have a
feeling it requires using a real newsgroup reader rather than Google
Groups though.

Mike