/usr/share/bison.simple: No such file or directory

Santa

I am trying to run bison tool, I am getting "/usr/share/bison.simple:
No such file or directory" error, I have file bison.simple in
cygwin/bin directory, I am trying to copy into /usr/share directory,
but /usr/share directory was not exist, how can I solve this problem.
Thanks.

Joona I Palaste

Santa said:
I am trying to run bison tool, I am getting "/usr/share/bison.simple:
No such file or directory" error, I have file bison.simple in
cygwin/bin directory, I am trying to copy into /usr/share directory,
but /usr/share directory was not exist, how can I solve this problem.
Thanks.

What were you smoking that led you to believe this had the faintest bit
to do with C?

Derk Gwen

(e-mail address removed) (Santa) wrote:
# I am trying to run bison tool, I am getting "/usr/share/bison.simple:
# No such file or directory" error, I have file bison.simple in
# cygwin/bin directory, I am trying to copy into /usr/share directory,
# but /usr/share directory was not exist, how can I solve this problem.

Does "BISON_SIMPLE=/.../cygwin/bin/bison.simple bison ..." work?

Tristan Miller

Greetings.

Joona I Palaste said:
What were you smoking that led you to believe this had the faintest
bit to do with C?

Come now, that's a little harsh, isn't it? Questions on lex/flex and
yacc/bison aren't so rare here. These tools for generating standard C
code, and while they're certainly off-topic here, IMHO they have far
more to do with C than many of the questions on C++ we get here. Since
there's no dedicated group for them, I think it's only natural that
some people, thinking it the most closely related newsgroup to the
topic, might turn to comp.lang.c for advice.

Why couldn't you have kindly redirected the OP to comp.compilers, as has
been done practically every other time a question of this nature has
been posted?

Regards,
Tristan