utf in Reportlab

Amit Mongia

Hi,
I have some text that contains url links as well as unicode
characters. I am encoding the whole text into utf-8 and trying to
render it using Reportlab.
For that i am trying to use some True type fonts that support
rendering utf8. For example Times New Roman on windows is able to
render some german text that i have.
The default Paragraph implementation with Platypus does not support
url links at the moment while the experimental Paragraph
implementation in para.py does. So i used the one in para.py. Now the
implementation in para.py is not supporting the ttf fonts that i
register with pdfmetrics. It still tries to render that text using
some other font. Any suggestions on how to get around this problem.
Anyone knows if a better version of para.py is available anytime soon.
Regards,
Amit Mongia