UTF8 unicode problems...

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by FX, Apr 23, 2004.

  1. FX

    FX Guest

    Hi,

    All instructions seems to be good in my ASP script page:
    - @Codepage=65001 or Session.CodePage=65001
    - Response.charSet="utf-8"

    But I have many other coding problems with utf-8:
    - can't put éàè... characters in javascript comments because ASP files
    must be saved in ANSI format
    - must save my client javascript file in UTF-8 cause of special
    characters in comments (french attitude...)
    - can't use standard upload components (free components like
    aspSmartUpload understands UTF8 Upload with special characters but not the
    aspSmartUpload Request object to retreive other <Form> values )
    - For Each syntax in multivalued Request object doesn't work (the
    variant seems to be an ANSI encoded character). Ex: For Each foo in
    request("Foo") => foo contains wrong encoded characters (not UTF-8)
    - AND SO ON....

    Where can I get exhautive rules to develop ASP web application in utf-8
    charset ? Is there a simple way to develop utf-8 compilant ASP
    webapplication ?

    regards,

    FX

    FX, Apr 23, 2004

  2. FX

    Jim Shaker Guest

    Make this header part of resulted html page. ie: let javascript code see the

    Hope this will hel

    ----- FX wrote: ----

    Hi

    All instructions seems to be good in my ASP script page
    - @Codepage=65001 or Session.CodePage=6500
    - Response.charSet="utf-8

    But I have many other coding problems with utf-8
    - can't put éàè... characters in javascript comments because ASP file
    must be saved in ANSI forma
    - must save my client javascript file in UTF-8 cause of specia
    characters in comments (french attitude...
    - can't use standard upload components (free components lik
    aspSmartUpload understands UTF8 Upload with special characters but not th
    aspSmartUpload Request object to retreive other <Form> values
    - For Each syntax in multivalued Request object doesn't work (th
    variant seems to be an ANSI encoded character). Ex: For Each foo i
    request("Foo") => foo contains wrong encoded characters (not UTF-8
    - AND SO ON...

    Where can I get exhautive rules to develop ASP web application in utf-
    charset ? Is there a simple way to develop utf-8 compilant AS
    webapplication

    regards

    Jim Shaker, May 26, 2004