    function names.

    Thank you for your time.

    - dan

    Dan Elliott, Sep 2, 2004

  2. Dan Elliott

    Mike Wahler Guest

    "Dan Elliott" <> wrote in message
    news:0wGZc.1$...
    > Hello,
    >
    > Is there a utility for unix or windows that is capable (with or without
    > slight modification) of creating a list of all functions within a file? I
    > would like to be able to eventually create a comma-delimited file of
    > function names.

    Many compilers have an option to create protoypes
    for all functions (e.g. /Zg in MSVC++). You should
    be able to convert that to your desired file.
    Check your documentation.

    -Mike

    Mike Wahler, Sep 2, 2004

  3. Dan Elliott

    Rolf Magnus Guest

    ctags might be a solution. See http://ctags.sourceforge.net/

    Rolf Magnus, Sep 2, 2004
  4. Dan Elliott

    Dan Elliott Guest

    "Rolf Magnus" <> wrote in message
    > Dan Elliott wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > Is there a utility for unix or windows that is capable (with or without
    > > slight modification) of creating a list of all functions within a file?

    > > would like to be able to eventually create a comma-delimited file of
    > > function names.
    > >
    > > Thank you for your time.

    > ctags might be a solution. See http://ctags.sourceforge.net/

    Thank you to everyone for your assistance. It appears that etags is the
    solution!

    Dan Elliott, Sep 22, 2004