v2 & self-closing meta tags

Mark Rae

Hi,

Is there a way to prevent ASP.NET 2 from stripping off the self-closing meta
tags...?

E.g.

is turned into

on my development machine, on my test box and on my live site hosted at a
remote ISP.

This is causing the site to fail XHTML validation.

Any assistance gratefully received.

Mark

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hi Mark,

That's odd behaviour. Is it possible that ASP.NET is detecting the test
client as a downlevel browser and doing something weird?

Maybe there's a way to tell the page to treat every request as an uplevel
browser to deliver valid XHTML?

Ken
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]

Mark Rae

That's odd behaviour.
Yes...

Is it possible that ASP.NET is detecting the test client as a downlevel
browser and doing something weird?

No idea...
Maybe there's a way to tell the page to treat every request as an uplevel
browser to deliver valid XHTML?

Again, I have no idea...

Is anyone else experiencing it...?