    Thanks,

    Laurent Duretz
    , Nov 21, 2005

  2. wrote:

    > I'm looking for tools which can valid an XML document with and XSD
    > schema.
    > I'm using Eclipse and I don't know how to do that and if I can ?

    Eclipse is written in Java (as far as I know) so chances are someone has
    written some plugin using one of the schema aware validating parsers
    implemented in Java (like Xerces Java from xml.apache.org).
    Java 1.5 even integrates some version of Xerces as the standard parser
    so all you need to do is write some Java code against the Java 1.5 API
    <http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/javax/xml/validation/package-summary.html>

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
    Martin Honnen, Nov 21, 2005

  3. Hi -

    Stylus Studio can validate an XML document against an XML schema:
    http://www.stylusstudio.com/open_xsd_validation.html
    Unfortunately, it doesn't work with Eclipse - sorry about that.

    Sincerely,
    The Stylus Studio Team.
    http://www.stylusstudio.com

    Stylus Studio, Nov 21, 2005
  4. Maik Seyring Guest

    wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking for tools which can valid an XML document with and XSD
    > schema.
    > I'm using Eclipse and I don't know how to do that and if I can ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Laurent Duretz

    xsltproc is a fast xslt-processor (and free). You can use it by binding it
    as external tool.

    Maik
    Maik Seyring, Nov 22, 2005
  5. See the W3C XML Schema public home page:

    http://www.w3.org/XML/Schema.html

    ht
    Half-time member of W3C Team
    Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail:
  6. Harrie Guest

    Maik Seyring said the following on 11/22/2005 09:03 +0200:
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I'm looking for tools which can valid an XML document with and XSD
    >>schema.

    > xsltproc is a fast xslt-processor (and free). You can use it by binding it
    > as external tool.

    I'm using xsltproc myself, but only as an XSLT processor. I can't find
    anything about validation in the man page, other than that "-novalid"
    which doesn't load the DTD, but I've never had a validation error with
    or without a DTD. How do you use it as a validator?

    --
    Regards
    Harrie
    Harrie, Nov 23, 2005