Validate dropdownlist and textbox conditionally problem

Reddy

Hi,

My web form has a dropdown list and a textbox server controls. The user must
enter some text in the textbox he selects only the last item in the
dropdownlist. I tried using a custom validator but its not working. Is it
the right approach. Can anyone guide me about how to implement this.

Thanks,

Reddy

Peter Blum

I have a commercial solution for you. My product, "Professional Validation
And More", replaces Microsoft's validators to overcome its limitations. In
this case, you can still use the RequiredTextValidator on the TextBox and
set the new "Enabler" property to a rule that enables the validator only
when the DropDownList has its last item selected. This kind of smart
enabling is one of those limitations that is often run into with Microsoft's
validators. You will not need to write any custom code, especially figuring
out the client-side javascript because its all built in. Details are at
http://www.peterblum.com/vam/home.aspx.

--- Peter Blum
www.PeterBlum.com
Email: (e-mail address removed)