Validate SessionID

Shankar Reddy

Hi,

Is it possible to validate whether the given SessionID is valied or not?
or in other words how do we identify whether the session is still active or not? for a given session id?

Thanks
Shan

Raghavendra T V

HI Shan,

check it with null

Thanks
Raghavendra
Hi,

Is it possible to validate whether the given SessionID is valied or not?
or in other words how do we identify whether the session is still active or not? for a given session id?

Thanks
Shan

Shankar Reddy

Let me make my question more clear...

lets say when we create a new record we issue a new RecordID, so at any given point of time i can validate whether the record id is valid or not by looking into my database.

Is there any similar concept for SessionID that was created by ASP.NET when we create a new session?
or
ASP.NET creates a sessionID and leaaves on the air and don't keep track of when it is created or is it alive or not, etc....

In order to create professional browser based applications these kind of things are very useful.

I think this is very usefull if ASP.NET team consider this senarios like this and if user closes the browser Session_END never fires and stuff....

HI Shan,

check it with null

Thanks
Raghavendra
Hi,

Is it possible to validate whether the given SessionID is valied or not?
or in other words how do we identify whether the session is still active or not? for a given session id?

Thanks
Shan

Jonathan Allen

I think this is very usefull if ASP.NET team consider this senarios like
this and if user closes the browser Session_END never fires and stuff....

Session_End will eventually be called. The server has no way to know when
the browser has closed, since the browser doesn't bother telling the server
anything.

As for what sessions are active, you can track that yourself using the
aforementioned event.

--
Jonathan Allen