validate two textboxes with one validator

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Drew, Apr 21, 2004.

  1. Drew

    Drew Guest

    Hey,
    i am currently looking for a nice solution for the following problem
    ( i could not find a sufficient solution in the other postings ):

    I am having several textboxes on my page, some of them have
    RequieredFieldValidators some not and i am having a ValidationSummary
    at the top of my page to list all blank textboxes. Everything is
    working fine so far...
    but now i have two other textboxes. At least one of these two
    textboxes
    has to be filled. I wanted to implement another validator to check if
    the content of both them is empty. If both of them are empty i want to
    have one
    message item in my summary....

    I could not find a possibility to solve this problem in a good and
    smart way.
    I thought about using a customValidator with a clientscript but this
    also did
    not work probably.

    Please can anybody help me, two validate two textboxes with one
    validator, so that i still can list all invalid controls in my
    validationSummary.

    Thanks a lot !!!!
    Drew

    Drew, Apr 21, 2004