Validate xml using nested schemas

dhek

Hi all,

I would like to validate an xml file using nested schemas (that is schemas
referring to other schemas).

I've tried with the following setup, but it does not work an gives me an
exception.

public void validate(InputStream xmlDocument) {
try {
SAXParserFactory spf = SAXParserFactory.newInstance();
spf.setNamespaceAware(true);
spf.setValidating(true);
SAXParser sp = spf.newSAXParser();

InputStream schemaA =
this.getClass().getResourceAsStream("mySchema.xsd");
InputStream schemaB =
this.getClass().getResourceAsStream("mySchema1.xsd");

InputStream[] schemas = {schemaA,schemaB};

final String JAXP_SCHEMA_LANGUAGE =
http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxp/properties/schemaLanguage;
final String W3C_XML_SCHEMA = "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
final String JAXP_SCHEMA_SOURCE =
http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxp/properties/schemaSource;

sp.setProperty(JAXP_SCHEMA_LANGUAGE, W3C_XML_SCHEMA);
sp.setProperty(JAXP_SCHEMA_SOURCE, schemas);

sp.parse(xmlDocument, new ParseErrorHandler());

} catch (SAXException e) {
System.out.println(e.toString());
} catch (ParserConfigurationException e) {
System.out.println(e.toString());
} catch (IOException e) {
System.out.println(e.toString());

nb: mySchema.xsd contains a reference to mySchema1.xsd.

So what I would like to know is what I'm doing wrong and which approach I
should use instead.

Hope someone can help.

Best Regards,
Daniel

dhek

Maybe I should just pinpoint that I've imported my schemas into the
namespace of the class that contains the method used (I've no trouble
reading these or getting their paths, so seems my approach is wrong).

Also the exception that I get seems to indicate that schema1.xsd is not
found.

Best Regards,
Daniel