Validating Data and AutoPostBack Questions

Mel

I have a "Create New Quote" webpage where the user inputs a bunch of
text boxes (customer name, ship to address 1 & 2, city, state, zip,
etc.). Currently the "AutoPostBack" property on EVERY text box is set
to "TRUE" because this info needs to be remembered (using session
variables) when the user returns to the "Create New Quote" page and
the data is used for other pages as well.

My two issues:
1) I am now trying to validate the text entries. I type in some text
and click tab and when the page is posted back it clears the text box
validation error message (basically it shows for an instant then
disappears quickly) so the user can't really read it. Is there any
way around that?

2) AutoPostBack for each text box is sort of stupid and probably
inefficient is there a way to do it without adding a "Submit" button.
I don't want to tick off my current users when they enter all of the
quote info and forget to click the "Submit" button before leaving the
page.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,
Mel