Validating Data and AutoPostBack Questions

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mel, Jun 12, 2007.

  1. Mel

    Mel Guest

    I have a "Create New Quote" webpage where the user inputs a bunch of
    text boxes (customer name, ship to address 1 & 2, city, state, zip,
    etc.). Currently the "AutoPostBack" property on EVERY text box is set
    to "TRUE" because this info needs to be remembered (using session
    variables) when the user returns to the "Create New Quote" page and
    the data is used for other pages as well.

    My two issues:
    1) I am now trying to validate the text entries. I type in some text
    and click tab and when the page is posted back it clears the text box
    validation error message (basically it shows for an instant then
    disappears quickly) so the user can't really read it. Is there any
    way around that?

    2) AutoPostBack for each text box is sort of stupid and probably
    inefficient is there a way to do it without adding a "Submit" button.
    I don't want to tick off my current users when they enter all of the
    quote info and forget to click the "Submit" button before leaving the
    page.

    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,
    Mel
    Mel, Jun 12, 2007