Validating embedded lists as XHTML

Steve Pugh

Firas D. said:
http://firasd.org/misc/mars/faq.html#2.2

The 'Minimum' part of the list looks the way I want it to (no bullet
preceding the list within the list) while the Recommended part
validates. Is there a way to produce the visual effect of the first validly?

Place the inner list inside the same <li> as the text of the outer
list.

<ul>
<li>Minimum:
<ul>
<li>500 Mhz processor</li>
<li>256 MB RAM</li>
<li>500 MB available disk space</li>
<li>Highly recommended: 3D graphics accelerator card</li>
</ul>
</li>
<li>Recommended:
<ul>
<li>1.5 Ghz processor</li>
<li>1 GB RAM</li>
<li>10 GB available disk space (that's what the documentation said,
but it's unlikely)</li>
<li>a high-end 3D graphics accelerator (eg. NVidia FX series)</li>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>

Steve