validating groups of user controls

nicholas

got 1 asp.net page with 1 webform

on that webform there are 2 textboxes and 2 buttons

each button submits the associated textbox.
each button should validate only the associated textbox

problem is that in asp.net 1.1 the whole page is validated.

any ideas ??

thx

Marina

Yes, don't use validator controls. Write your own javascript to do the
validation in the click event for the button.

nicholas

yep, indeed.
but is asp.net 2.0 allready out?
and, if so, how can I install this on my testing server?

thanks

Brock Allen

ASP.NET 2.0 Beta 2 will be out very soon. It comes with a go live license
which legally allows you to run it on a production server. This is very much
like what people did with v1.x and IMO it's stable enough at this point to
do this. RTM will be 4-6 months after B2. If you're able I'd suggest getting
it and testing. There are many new features, and some of them are really
good, even :)

nicholas

THX a lot for all your info & help!

Ciao.