    am doing this under Linux.

    Thank you,

    Kevin
    Kevin Partin, Feb 12, 2004

  2. Kevin Partin wrote:

    > I have downloaded the latest Xerces-J files from Apache.org and am
    > trying to use them to validate an xml data file against a schema that
    > I wrote. Can someone please provide me with the java command line that
    > I would need to invoke in order to perform this validation? For the
    > life of me I can't find any documentation on this (or at least it is
    > not readily apparent) on the Apache Xerces WWW site.

    I don't think there is a command line tool, read the FAQ
    http://xml.apache.org/xerces2-j/faq-xs.html
    that tells you that you can use the normal Java SAX or DOM parsing APIs
    with the Xerces parser.

    If you want a tool that helps you to validate an XML file against a
    schema file then maybe jedit (from http://www.jedit.org/) helps, it it
    an editor that can install Xerces as a plugin and then allows editing
    and validating XML files.
    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/