validating XML with only an XSD file

id.at.w98.dot.us

Hey all,

I am generating a very large XML feed and have to validate it against
an XSD file for the client I'm sending the feed to. Basically I want to
validate that the feed I'm producing matches up with the XSD *before* I
bother hogging up a bunch of bandwidth to transfer the file.

Looked at libxml2 a little bit this morning, and tried playing with
xmllint but not sure if that's the best way to go? I'd love to use
XML::Validator::Schema but it is well known that their code is
incomplete.

Thanks for any answers,
-id

Fabien R

Hey all,

I am generating a very large XML feed and have to validate it against
an XSD file for the client I'm sending the feed to. Basically I want to
validate that the feed I'm producing matches up with the XSD *before* I
bother hogging up a bunch of bandwidth to transfer the file.

Looked at libxml2 a little bit this morning, and tried playing with
xmllint but not sure if that's the best way to go?
What's the problem with xmllint ?