    XSLT sheet.

    Anyone know if there is one?

    Thanks
    Disco, Oct 17, 2003

  2. In article <UUGjb.277$>,
    says...
    > Hi,
    > I want to validate an XSLT file. My XML, HTML, CSS files have a validate
    > site on w3.org, but I do not know where I can find a place to validate my
    > XSLT sheet.

    If your XSLT isn't well-formed, it won't work. You need to validate the
    markup it produces, so save that then sumit it to the HTML validator.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/
    Hywel Jenkins, Oct 17, 2003

  3. Disco

    Disco Guest

    Hywel Jenkins wrote:
    > In article <UUGjb.277$>,
    > says...
    >> Hi,
    >> I want to validate an XSLT file. My XML, HTML, CSS files have a
    >> validate site on w3.org, but I do not know where I can find a place
    >> to validate my XSLT sheet.

    > If your XSLT isn't well-formed, it won't work.

    I understand that, but is their a way to validate my XSLT using the same (or
    similar) services that w3.org offers for HTML, XML, CSS, etc?

    > You need to validate the markup it produces, so
    > save that then sumit it to the HTML validator.

    My markup that is produced using my XSLT produces in valid. Does this mean
    that the XSLT is valid? I cant see that being the case.

    Thanks
    Disco, Oct 17, 2003
  4. Disco

    Micah Cowan Guest

    "Disco" <> writes:

    > Hywel Jenkins wrote:
    > > In article <UUGjb.277$>,
    > > says...
    > >> Hi,
    > >> I want to validate an XSLT file. My XML, HTML, CSS files have a
    > >> validate site on w3.org, but I do not know where I can find a place
    > >> to validate my XSLT sheet.

    > > If your XSLT isn't well-formed, it won't work.

    > I understand that, but is their a way to validate my XSLT using the same (or
    > similar) services that w3.org offers for HTML, XML, CSS, etc?

    Any validating XML parser should be able to determine valid XSLT;
    although I wouldn't expect XPaths, etc. to be checked for
    sanity. But to answer your question: no, I don't think there are
    similar services for XSLT.

    > > You need to validate the markup it produces, so
    > > save that then sumit it to the HTML validator.

    > My markup that is produced using my XSLT produces in valid. Does this mean
    > that the XSLT is valid? I cant see that being the case.

    Yes, actually, it can be. And it would also be rather difficult
    to determine by looking at valid XSLT whether or not it is
    possible for the code to produce invalid results.

    -Micah
    Micah Cowan, Oct 17, 2003