Validation before or after CreateChildControls

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by paul.hester@gmail.com, Sep 15, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi all,

    I have a composite control which is basically a wrapper control for
    child controls and validators. It's a little hacky, but I could
    previously check from its child validators to see whether the child
    controls have passed validation to determine the colors and images to
    display.

    This was working perfectly previously, but now it appears that
    validation is occuring after CreateChildControls. I don't know what I
    changed to break this, but it makes the display logic for the custom
    container control a lot more complicated.

    Do any of you know how to ensure that CreateChildControls occurs after
    validation? I've tried calling Page.Validate() separately, but that
    appears to require CreateChildControls to complete.

    Thanks,

    Paul
    , Sep 15, 2006