Validation controls not working

Guest

I have build a web form using asp.net validation controls to make sure the
users fill in the required fields and enter a valid email address for one of
the fields.

This works when I test it on the development server, but when I upload the
files to the production server, the validation controls don't do anything.
The production server has the .net framework, but not visual studio installed

Any ideas ? Thanks,
Craig

Guest

I Have had the same problem on Windows 2003. We had to re-install the .NET
Framework from scratch to get the controls working as was unable to find a
suitable answer to the problem.

Guest

Hi Craig,
Seems like the validation scripts are not correctly installed on the
production server. Try running aspnet_regiis -c and check.
Also check if the .net framework version is the same on both the servers or
not. (This might not always cause a problem though.)
HTH
srini

Saravana

There can be two reasons for this.
1. If other controls like textbox is not displaying in the screen, then .NET
Framework is not installed properly. For more details refer this link,
http://www.extremeexperts.com/Net/FAQ/ControlsNotAppearing.aspx

2. Your validation scripts are not installed properly in IIS root directory.
To register client script again, use the following syntax
aspnet_regiis -c (to get the client-side scripts library added to your Web)

Guest

Saravana , srini

you are both right : the validation scripts are not correctly installed. I
ran "aspnet_regiis -c" and it worked.

Thanks for the help,
Craig