    The production server has the .net framework, but not visual studio installed

    Any ideas ? Thanks,
    Craig
    =?Utf-8?B?Q3JhaWcgSEI=?=, Oct 28, 2004

  2. I Have had the same problem on Windows 2003. We had to re-install the .NET
    Framework from scratch to get the controls working as was unable to find a
    suitable answer to the problem.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZQ==?=, Oct 28, 2004

  3. Hi Craig,
    Seems like the validation scripts are not correctly installed on the
    production server. Try running aspnet_regiis -c and check.
    Also check if the .net framework version is the same on both the servers or
    not. (This might not always cause a problem though.)
    HTH
    srini

    =?Utf-8?B?c3Jpbmk=?=, Oct 28, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q3JhaWcgSEI=?=

    Saravana Guest

    There can be two reasons for this.
    1. If other controls like textbox is not displaying in the screen, then .NET
    Framework is not installed properly. For more details refer this link,
    http://www.extremeexperts.com/Net/FAQ/ControlsNotAppearing.aspx

    2. Your validation scripts are not installed properly in IIS root directory.
    To register client script again, use the following syntax
    aspnet_regiis -c (to get the client-side scripts library added to your Web)

    --
    Saravana
    www.ExtremeExperts.com

    Saravana, Oct 28, 2004
  5. Saravana , srini

    you are both right : the validation scripts are not correctly installed. I
    ran "aspnet_regiis -c" and it worked.

    Thanks for the help,
    Craig
    =?Utf-8?B?Q3JhaWcgSEI=?=, Oct 28, 2004