validation controls quit working on webserver

GD

Hi,
There are serveral validation controls in our intranet application. The
controls work fine on all of our local machines that have Windows XP
professional operating systems on them. After deployment to our server, the
application seems working fine except all the validation controls quit
working. We use validationSummay controls to display the validation error
messages. We don't have any popup block software installed.

Has any one had same experience and solutions?

TIA.

GD

Guest

There are a couple of things that can cause this:

Make sure your server has the validation scripts installed. This involves
running the registration tool with the client-scripts option:

Aspnet_regiis -c

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...ASPNETIISRegistrationToolAspnet_regiisexe.asp

Also, make sure all the machines are running the exact same .NET service
pack. There have been problems reported by variations. Actually, this should
be checked before you run the preceding tool.

Let us know if this helps?

Ken

GD

Ken:
After installing validation scripts in our website (the validation script in
wwwroot doen't work in our case), it works!

Thanks.

GD