Validation Controls

Darshini

I have created a login page and use the RegularExpression Validation control, RequiredFieldValidator control for the

username and password respectively and i have set their properties. In the same page i have a hyperlink for the new user.

so if i click the new user link, error message is displayed near the username, password textboxes because of validation

controls. what should i do now? Any suggestions?

Sink

Normally, hyperlinks do not cause page validation to
be run, so your validation controls should
not be evaluated.
I suspect that you might be doing this yourself, possibly
by calling the Page.Validate() method perhaps in your
Page_Load method ?
Soem code would help diagnose.
Regards