    username and password respectively and i have set their properties. In the same page i have a hyperlink for the new user.

    so if i click the new user link, error message is displayed near the username, password textboxes because of validation

    controls. what should i do now? Any suggestions?
    Darshini, Dec 2, 2003

  2. Darshini

    Sink Guest

    Normally, hyperlinks do not cause page validation to
    be run, so your validation controls should
    not be evaluated.
    I suspect that you might be doing this yourself, possibly
    by calling the Page.Validate() method perhaps in your
    Page_Load method ?
    Soem code would help diagnose.
    Regards

    Validation control, RequiredFieldValidator control for the

    Sink, Dec 2, 2003